Wednesday 4 January 2012

LIVE Simply

I Eat...A Lot

I Eat whenever I am bored, sad, happy, ecstatic, gay, angry, stupified, confused, or whatsoever.
A Test coming up...The Solution? EAT!
Fight with Loved ones...EAT
Bored?....EAT!

Eating has always been a solution in my life. It does not give me any kind of "cloud nine" feeling, but it gives me the feeling of escaping from the tough world I struggle in everyday.

I Spend...a LOT
When I am too lazy to take the jeep, or wait for one I ride the taxi. When I am bored to search for my pen I buy one. That's why my allowance is always forced to the negative limit. One of my weakest personalities is to budget my allowance. That's why my Father goes bald in frustration as I keep on asking for advances for the next four months!

I Waste...a LOT
Recycled Paper? Naaaahh! Just buy another ream of new bond papers. Old notebooks without anything written on them? Throw them away. Ballpens missing in a messy room? Buy another batch of pilot ballpens. It's always been like this for me, my parents didn't teach me to be like this, but this is how I acted when I was in the Philippines. As if money could be found under a rock, or grown in trees. I waste a lot of things that could be reused, but out of laziness and the desire for new things I just throw them away.


I ATE, SPENT and WASTED a lot of things in 2011. Living like how a King lives, a stubborn and bratty king that is. Reflecting around my past misdeeds, I have seen our Lord Jesus Christ through the clothes of the poor. Christ who came in a humble manger, actually a cave to be born with a carpenter as a Father, and a 15 year old as a mother. Who lived 18 years as a humble carpenter fixing stools, doors and wheel burrows. The one who created all things was able to live simply as a carpenter and be actually happy.

We often see people who are happy, and contented not among the wealthy class but those who have less, but have enough. Material things would never fill that black hole that revolves in our heart called satisfaction. Before it became a black hole that feeds on anything it sees, it was once a Star. When God created humanity, he created within their hearts a Glowing warm star that radiates love, comfort and satisfaction. When the serpent tempted Eve, this star died was corrupted and since then has been feeding on temporary things that do nothing but increase it size.

The only thing that could satisfy this Black Hole Heart is the original star of Betlehem. The only one we need to be truly happy. Not the material, nor intellectual possessions, but the star that radiates assurance, safety and satisfaction.

Let us allow Jesus to become the star of our hearts to satisfy all our needs. And as a part of God's message for me I have convicted myself to

LIVE SIMPLY

To eat foods that I don't want to eat like vegetables
To sacrifice things that i don't really need but are just "luhos"
To remove all the distractions in my life as I learn to arrange my life so that the Star of Jesus within my heart would be the one who People would see. So that it is JESUS who would give comfort to the people. So that they could see that me a former glutton has found ultimate Satisfaction in him who is ENOUGH...

Our Lord Jesus Christ

AMEN


~dabsq

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment politely and leave a signature :)