Tuesday 15 October 2013

My Ten Stories of Light (My 10 Day Journey towards YFC MetroCon 2013: LUMINO)


"Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
-Matthew 5:16

What is Light? 
Or perhaps the better question is...what is darkness?
If we were to believe the Internet Chain Letters, then there is no such thing as darkness...For darkness is a concept wherein there is an absence of Light...
So therefore we come back to the same question...what is Light?
Two of the very first friends I met in YFC.
Badette my ever beautiful partner and Kuya Gebard our huggable and lovable Area Head.
Light as defined by the Webster's Dictionary: the form of energy that makes it possible to see things.
a form that makes it possible to see
makes it possible to see
to see...

My first TRUE Barkada, friends that I have found for life :)
From left to right (Kamchuu, Kat, Elijah, My Bestfriend Charles, Gio, KC, Josh, Jaja and Kuya Gebard)
This year I' am celebrating my 9th Year as a member of CFC Youth For Christ, and exactly ten days from now the 2013 Metro Manila Conference entitled "LUMINO" would be held at the University of Makati...

This conference was not supposed to be something special for me, as I expected this one to be like any other conference that I have attended here in YFC. But I was wrong...
My First OFFICIAL YFC Family in the Philippines. YFC UP Baguio Campus Based :)
Imagine a world filled in darkness, where every corner there is that creeping sensation of nothingness. A place where everything was void and without form, an existence where you are not able to experience the gift of seeing.

"Let there be Light..." These were the very first words of the Lord when he has willed to start creation. Before the Sun, the Moon, the stars, the angels, the animals...before all of these things the Lord has called upon LIGHT to be the fore bearer of all creation. Light was his first born...

For without Light, the beauty and marvel of his creation would be hidden by darkness, and being the God of beauty and perfection he cannot and will not allow his beloved creation to experience the coldness of the dark. And so, through LIGHT everything came to be.
My second YFC Family in the Philippines :) YFC West B High School based
From Left to Right (Tita Sandra, my wonderful partner Dhale, Ate Hers, Tine, Ate Annia, Louis, Karyl and Kuya Ram)
"not in the picture: Awesome Tito Jett"
This was a conference unlike any other for this conference, as I celebrate nine wonderful years with YFC, would also be my last conference as a YFC member, as I intend to crossover to Singles For Christ next year right before or after the YFC ILC in Palawan. 

That although I would still be serving in Youth For Christ, I would have to face that fact that the Lord is calling me to Step Up and face the next phase of my journey. To finish my studies diligently and to start discerning seriously my vocation and my calling.

And as I look back, it never fails to amaze me how far the Lord has carried me all these years. Wherein I couldn't measure all the blessings, stories, experiences, miracles and wonders that he has consistently and lovingly allowed me to experience. That in despite of my weaknesses, constant failures and inconsistency towards being faithful to him, he still continues to forgive and call me again and again to witness the great marvels that he has prepared for me...

Wherein he is not satisfied on just allowing me to witness this great story, but also calls me to participate in HIS great work in this wonderful mission that he has given me as a gift...

To bring the Light of Christ to the world through YFC...
Ang bully kong Household :)) The very inspiring people I've met :)
From L to R: Jester Pogi, Kuya Tutch "John Lloyd", Mikee, Dabs, Ate Carla, Ate Eyo, Kuya Jhong and Meynard"
It is this very same LIGHT that conquers darkness. The very same Light the illuminated the paths of the prophets, the apostles and the saints before us. The Light that reveals all imperfections, all blemishes and all secrets. The very same Light that consumes and makes perfect the imperfect. This is the Light of Christ Jesus, whom all of creation was made through.

This Light of Christ that pierces even the darkest of hearts, this is the Light of Christ that shines ever so brightly, welcomes ever so warmly. It is the Light that forever burns and is never decreased. It is the Light that shines brighter when shared, the Light that reveals all truth and exhumes the heat and presence of Divine Love...

It is the Light that Christ has shared and implanted towards the heart of his children...

The Light that shines in our hearts...
YFC West B High School Based when Me and Dhale were partners :)
It was not easy, it was rough for WB HSB, but the Lord continues to bring his great Love in our Schools
From L to R (Martin, Kairro, Jesse, Bryan, Joy, Dhale, Mico, Othan, Tita Sandra, Tito Jett, Raf)
"not in the picture: Yas Ganda"
Words can never suffice the overwhelming experience that the Holy Spirit has led me to experience through this amazing journey with Christ in this community. Wherein in my darkest of nights, my most fragile and vulnerable state...Christ, through this community and its leaders, has consistently and lovingly guided me back to the path the God has prepared for me.

YFC became for me a Candle, that Christ has used and set fire through his Light, that illuminated my path and my journey through this teenage life. It guided me and reminded me of the path that I had to take to reach the destined promise land that the Lord has prepared for me.
Inspiring, Pogi and Haggard Brothers of YFC West B Core
From L to R (Kuya Earvin, Kuya Dudz, Dabs and Joms)
Not in the Picture "POGING POGING NJ, HOT NA HOT ALLAN, Pogi Jester"
We are living in a world that is filled with darkness. We cannot be blind and deny ourselves of the reality that because of sin and selfishness, this world has been filled with darkness. Darkness that seems great and envelops the whole of our beings. Darkness that seems greater than ourselves...cold darkness that brings chills to the very core of our bones.

However this darkness is temporary. This kind of darkness is nothing compared to the heat and warmth of the eternal fire that the Light of Christ brings. This is the very same light that he has embedded in our hearts, and now he calls us to open our hearts so that we may RADIATE and ILLUMINATE this Dark world. 

This is the call of Christ, that every young man and woman would open up their hearts and allowed it to be filled with the eternal Light of Christ, so that it can be shared to the world! Where the time will come that darkness would no longer exist, for it has been conquered by LIGHT.

Nine Years in, and still blessed with Sisters! :)
This is my newest partner Clea :) and I am excited to experience the Light of Christ through her.
All these...
Memories...
Miracles...
Wonders...

Stories...

These are my inspirations...as I look back and marvel at the greatness of the Lord, I couldn't help it but share these stories of Light to the world! :). I want to share how Christ has illuminated my dark path, and revealed to me the wonders of his grace and love.

Allow me to share my Ten Stories of Light for the next Ten days as I personally count down towards the YFC MetroCon 2013 "LUMINO"

10 Years ago, YFC Proclaimed that in 2013 The whole WORLD will KNEEL BEFORE CHRIST... 2013 is not done yet... :)

Please do join me in this journey full of grammatical errors, stumbling blocks, awkward corny jokes, personal confessions and personal sharings.

This is my story...

LUMINO...


~dabsq

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment politely and leave a signature :)