Tuesday 3 January 2012

365 Days

Funny how in just a short span of 365 days, seemingly random numbers that have no mathematical meaning whatsoever, a random combination of even and odd numbers that make up a three digit number is able to wake us up into reality from time to time. What is 365 days but the number of days it takes for the earth to complete a whole revolution around a star? What is it with those 365 days that makes us think differently, encourages us to make resolutions to keep, and relationships to fix? What is it with three, six and five that makes us shout out for a celebration for just another 365 days?

Because since the beginning that's how God has created humanity, he has created a creature that looks forward every single day. A creature that anticipates the surprise of his creator for him at the rising of the sun, and reflects about his contribution to those around him as it sets. God has created a creature excited for something. A creature that seeks to continually change and transform himself/herself as time goes by. 365 days is an indicator of a year, a full revolution around a star that gives us light and heat. A reminder that 365 days has passed since we have anticipated for something greatly new in our lives. For me this year comes as a different year.

This is a year for me where I choose and convict myself to 3 simple values. 3 Values that are highly regarded in our community, but on my hand have failed to follow throughout these years. This 365th day is another cause for me to celebrate how God has provided me another chance to allow HIM to transform MY life. The message of the Lord for me this year is simple and yet can create miracles and wonders for my personal and spiritual life. I look forward and see a tough road ahead, but the goal is worth it. He who waits at the cross, walking with me side by side.

LIVE SIMPLY, LOVE FULLY, PRAY DEEPLY


~dabsq

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment politely and leave a signature :)